Sunday 14 July 2013

July 14, 2013

Hello all
There is a first time for everything.  It seems that everyone has a blog nowadays and shares information about themselves.  Although I am not a person to share I thought I would take some time and share some of my thoughts.

Since my mother has passed away a couple of months now I have been visiting my dad.  He is doing much better but I have found out that there is a lack of patience for the elderly.  We don't seem to take them into account when in groups.
I was in church today and because many of those more wise that I (Seniors) have hearing aids.  In order for some of them to work you have to speak into a microphone but everyone would say they have a big voice or don't like using microphones.  Well, guess what, it is not for the person speaking, it is for the person listening.
We need to be more patient and more inclusive of those who are elderly.

It is funny how you can learn things when you are listening to more than just someone who is talking.  When listening to the spirit you are educated in much deeper ways than if you were in a class being taught or searching the internet.  Sometimes you need to just sit back and listen between the lines.

Ken Purnell

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have started a blog, and it is wonderful to see you insight on things. AMEN, to everything you said. Respecting and trying to understand the needs of the elderly is such a lesson for all of us.
    And....isn't the best way to learn, is by the spirit. Oh so much for me to learn. Thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the land of blogging! I really like to blog but just never can seem to do much of it. Going to school takes all my time. Great topic though. We think of ourselves too much and not about others needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete